If you are in the Philly Suburbs – and want to attend some PBW officially sanctioned events – allow me to suggest some venues for you:
Oakmont Pub – Havertown – Yes, I know it’s selfish promotion – but Brendon’s been putting out great craft beer for over 10 years at this comfortable local pub.
- Wednesday June 5th – Beer Quizzo 8-11pm (I made up the questions!)
- Thursday June 6th – Oakmont Cup Home Brew Competition – 7 – 10pm – It’s fun, it’s free and it’s our fourth year of this great Philly Beer Week Event. See you there.
The Beer Shoppe – Ardmore – You have to see the selection anytime, but during Philly Beer Week there’s more reasons to come.
- Saturday June 1 – Dock St beer tasting – 5 – 7pm
- Wednesday June 5th – Long Trail beer tasting – 6 – 8pm
Pinocchio’s Beer Garden – Media – You have been here, or you wouldn’t be reading this at all – I figure. These guys are crazy – crazy about great craft beer. You may have to wedge your way in, but you won’t be sorry. Events everyday – on weekends starting at noon, weekdays at 5 or 6pm. Some highlights:
- Saturday June 1 – Firestone Walker Beers
- Monday June 3 – DiBruno’s Beer Dinner
- Friday June 7 – Belgian Beer Night
Teresa’s Next Door – Wayne – Everyday is part of beer week at TND, but Andy turns it up a notch for PBW. Too many great events, be sure to get in early, there are no secrets! Some events of particular note:
- Every weekday: 3 – 5 pm – A take the train special – with 2$ beers pre R5, special beer themes
- Tuesday June 4 – Bobo Belgian Beer Dinner 6 – 8pm – Eat and drink with Bobo from Chimay
- Saturday June 8 – 12pm – 10pm – Jazz and Food Fest in the streets of Wayne
Garrett Hill Ale House – Rosemont – If you haven’t been here in a while, you are in for a pleasant surprise. The beer selections are interesting and assortment ample. A nice place not well known.
- Saturday June 1 – 4pm on – East vs. West Coast beers
- Thursday June 6 – 7pm – 9pm – Mustache special – they claim a free beer for a mustache
- Saturday June 8 – 5pm on – Completion of East vs. West Coast beers
Other Local Venues to Check Out:
- Uno’s in Newtown Square – They put out some great beer menu specials and tap takeovers, check them out every day
- Whole Foods in Devon & Plymouth Meeting – Some specials and events during the week, and get some groceries
- Rock Bottom King of Prussia – When shopping, you have no reason to not go there. Brian’s Ales are great. Some special events during the week